These days it seems that everybody and their brother is blogging. Well, in my case this is literally very true. My brother has been blogging years before I even considered it. He was blogging when the only blogs around were either those of teenagers posting online diaries or of geeks and techies – he was the latter.
To Blog or not To Blog
Well this was a no-brainer, now that I started my own Small Business Marketing Management company; as I know all the benefits and am always encouraging my clients to blog and work with them on a specific blogging plan. I hope maintaining a Blog will be an enriching experience, both for myself and others, and I know I’m going to enjoy blogging once I get started because I always feel compelled to write about so many different issues.
What to Expect from this Marketing Blog
My focus will be to cover marketing topics of interest to small business owners. Below are some of the topics I plan to write about:
- Reviews of current Marketing books and new marketing theories – yes, they’re always coming up with new ones. I’m especially fascinated by what drives human behavior, because as a marketer my ultimate goal is to nudge people to purchase a product or service. Two of the books I recently read and really loved are Yes! 50 Scientifically Proven Ways to Be Persuasive and Habit: The 95% of Behavior Marketers Ignore.
- Updates on my clients; what’s working for them and what’s not
- Basic Marketing How-To’s; like how to launch a successful marketing campaign on a budget, how to use Social Media so it brings results and not just wastes your valuable time, Internet Marketing and Website Optimization basics, what the classic 4P’s of Marketing mean to small business owners. Well, the list is endless but those are some of the topics I’d like to start with.
- My faves: Like my 10 favorite Marketing Blogs, or my 5 favorite Facebook pages.
- New product news and reviews of successful as well as not so successful marketing
- Cool Marketing tools I like for web-design, managing social media accounts and anything else I come across and find useful.
These are just some ideas of what I’d like to write about, I’m sure more will come up once I get started. Is there anything else you’d love to see on this blog? Please let me know your comments below.
Photo Credit: JKim1